You are here
OSSCube Releases ‘SmartNotify Module’ for SugarCRM Community on Sugarforge
After successfully developing a new notification module for SmartWorks—a project of The Kay Center for E-Health Research, Claremont Graduate University (Claremont, CA, USA), OSSCube is happy to announce that the module, called SmartNotify, is now available for Open Source Community. This module has been released on Sugarforge. Stakeholders at the SmartWorks project have happily given consent to release this module in Open Source.
The Kay Center for E-Health Research worked with OSSCube and selected the SugarCRM platform, as well as BIRT reporting tool, to create the web-based ‘SmartWorks’ application. This module was developed as a part of SmartWorks application—which is being pilot tested in select US states, with potential implementation in all the U.S. states to serve over a thousand ENs (Employment Networks) and close to 10 Million beneficiaries across the country. Click here to read Case Study about this project.
- To enforce EULA/ Licenses /legal agreement for users/employees.
- To notify users/employees of important updates, such as program maintenance, version updates, etc.
This module allows an account administrator or authorized users to easily create notifications for their selected users to provide major updates or ask them to digitally accept certain agreements before accessing the SugarCRM account. The main features of this module are:
- Easily create notifications for your users/employees to update them or to release stated agreements (EULA or Legal Agreement) before accessing their own account.
- Set the specific date (Start/End) to automatically release the information to your selected users/employees’ accounts.
- With notification type, you can create either Normal Notification or First Time Notification for your selected users.
When the users/employees sign up into their SugarCRM account, it will redirect users to notification page (as shown in below screenshot). In case of first time notification, it is mandatory for a user (notified by the administrator) to accept the notification icon to proceed further. If a user declines the notification, he/she will not be able to login into his/her account. This is very useful when you have to implement or enforce a EULA or Legal Agreement in your group or organization. In normal notification, a user is allowed to continue with his/her account.
The module is very lightweight and can be easily installed in SugarCRM with modular Loader. It is compatible with all SugarCRM versions such 5.0, 6.0, 6.2 and 6.2.x etc.